The fifth Prepar3D v6.0 is now available, version 6.0.35.
The Prepar3D v6.0 Patch 5 (6.0.35) contains the following changes:
- Additional updates to lighting time of day exposure values.
- Additional effect and lighting updates to the included third-party aircraft.
- Increased virtual cockpit dynamic light intensities.
- Increased flashlight daytime brightness.
- PDK dynamic lights updated to use emissive interpolant.
- Resolve an issue where Autogen Config Editor would throw exceptions when loading files.
- Adjust flow so the view is no longer reset when opening the Camera Control UI.
If you have enabled notifications, you will receive a notification as soon as you start Prepar3D. Alternatively, you can download the patch directly from the Downloads section of the website without any delay.
Prepar3D v6 now supports automatic updates. This is enabled by default and checked on startup. If an update is available a prompt will show asking to download. Additionally, the update can be installed automatically after the download is complete. Otherwise, the update file will be available in the Downloads directory on your machine to install at a later time. Installing an update file does not require any additional steps except for having Prepar3D install the update after the download is complete or manually running the update .msp file. There are no longer client/content/scenery packages that need to be uninstalled prior to updating as in previous versions. Additionally, the update file will be available on the Prepar3D Downloads page. Checking for updates can also be done in the About screen.