The Prepar3D v6.0 Patch 1 (6.0.27) is now available. If enabled, you will receive a notification of the available update when starting Prepar3D. It can also be downloaded immediately from the Purchased Downloads section of the website.
The Prepar3D v6.0 Patch 1 contains the following changes:
- Fixed issue preventing C-130 variants from loading.
- Fixed issue causing distance remaining sign text to be off center.
- Additional airport surface updates.
- Added retry connection option to personal license disconnected pop-up screen.
- Fixed crash seen at certain sloped airports.
- Fixed issue with volumetric cloud queries in multi-view cases.
- Fixed issue with metric weight conversions in Fuel/Payload screen.
- Improved atmospheric irradiance ambient lighting.
- Fixed issue preventing gun list from populating in SimDirector.
- Fixed issue with ambient bounce lighting on clouds.
- Increased TAA sharpness.
- Fixed issue with gun load-outs on F-35 B and C variants.
- Tuned defensive flare effect.
- Fixed issue with patch installation UI if the application was updated but the user chose not to install.
Prepar3D v6 now supports automatic updates. This is enabled by default and checked on startup. If an >update is available a prompt will show asking to download. Additionally, the update can be installed automatically after the download is complete. Otherwise, the update file will be available in the Downloads directory on your machine to install at a later time. Installing an update file does not require any additional steps except for having Prepar3D install the update after the download is complete or manually running the update .msp file. There are no longer client/content/scenery packages that need to be uninstalled prior to updating as in previous versions. Additionally, the update file will be available on the Prepar3D Downloads page. Checking for updates can also be done on the About screen.